You don't have the read this. There aren't even any photos. It's more me giving myself a pat on my back...sorry. The post before this has several photos, enjoy that post instead. I just think its important to remember where you've been and to appreciate the experiences that you have; because, if you forget, then you haven't learned and you haven't improved yourself. I try to do both every day- learn and improve myself, and I find this easy & fun to do when I am out there doing!
Looking over past blogs, photos stashed on my Desktop, and entries in my calendar, I can say that I had some amazing experiences this year. The theme seems to be cultural experiences- whether an international festival, or a national museum, I did a lot! I even can cross a few things off the old bucket list after this year, including:
- Eat at the Blue Bayou in Disneyland (CHECK!)
- Ride on the paddle boats in the DC Tidal Basin (CHECK!)
- Live in or near Washington D.C. (CHECK!)
- Explore the Guggenheim Museum in New York City (CHECK!)
That's right- FOUR life goals accomplished! :D And all while maintaining insane full-time law student status. I am very proud.
Some other noteworthy experiences include:
- I saw the infamous Spiderman Broadway show
- The Greek Festival at the Greek Orthodox Church in Harrisburg, PA
- Indoor rock climbing twice
- Buying last-minute scalped tickets to see the New York Ballet
- I participated in Yoga for Congo Women
- For the entire year I worked as a Certified Legal Intern at the Children's Advocacy Clinic, appearing in court on behalf of minors- and I LOVED IT!
- Internship in Maryland in the Juvenile Division of the Public Defender's Office- AMAZING! New life dream!
- I went to jail! Lots of times! I had never been before! Fortunately, they let me out every time :) [advised incarcerated clients]
- I ran in Race Judicata- my school's 5K- and I got my best 5K time ever (7:47 pace!)- which got me 3rd place
- I ran in my first half marathon! It was crazy! I ran at Hershey, PA, and finished in 1:55 :D
- I had my first experience at Sacrament Meeting with kids...I was watching Ali & Patrick's boys and it was DEFINITELY a learning experience! Haha! I will never judge the moms of noisy kids in church again!
- Cool things while living near DC:
- West Indies Festival
- Learned to salsa dance
- Watched the 4th of July fireworks show from the lawn of the US Capitol
- Attended 2 Nationals baseball games
- Went on the Gargoyle Tour at the Washington National Cathedral- so cool!
- Became a Smithsonian expert, including seeing:
- The National Portrait Gallery
- The Arts & Crafts Museum
- National Gallery of Art
- National Sculpture Garden
- Went to the Women's Art Museum
- Went to the Newseum- very interesting
- I participated as a "lawyer" in the Penn State Medical Negligence Colloquium mock trial, and my side won!
- I made it onto the Penn State Law's National Trial Team :D