Saturday, May 21, 2011

Welcome to Muhruhlind! (local pronunciation)

 It's official.  I live in a southern state (although as far north as possible, but it still counts!).  Yesterday I went to the grocery store- which was in a mall, so that was weird- and I had to keep walking by instead of going in because I was laughing SO HARD to see that even the grocery store was being patrolled by a cop 24/7.  Oh, Maryland!  I composed myself after walking by the African Styles store, next to the henna kiosk, across from the quinceanera dress store, next to the corn rows salon.  I was the only white person in the entire mall- I was looking.  And I finally felt like I understood how my buddy Gilbert must have felt so long ago being the only black kid in our entire elementary school.  Maybe it was just my imagination, but it seemed like people were looking at me kinda weird- not as bad as the Japanese tourists in Australia who had never seen a blonde person before and flocked me with their cameras...but it was similar.  Where I am from in Southern California is extremely diverse, but this is a whole different level.  In short, I LOVE IT! :D  I think I'm gonna have a lot of fun!

Here is my little house:

Here is the living room- the painting of the sailboat cracks me up:

And the back yard, woods included:

1 comment:

  1. I love your new home and wooded area. Thanks for the photos. Does your new grocery sell domes?

    ReplyDelete