Thursday, July 15, 2010

Missing Rugby

I came across these pictures this morning from a rugby team retreat a few years ago.  It was like our Spring Training, but we went up towards Sundance into the snow (counter-intuitive, I know) because we had the use of a sweet indoor facility.  This was one of the best weekends of my life: amazing teammates, huge mansion to stay in, and live-in gourmet chef feeding the team.

First of all, to my adoreable friend Becky who apparantly broke her nose earier in the day during practice, could only find a Kamakazi bandana to bandage herself, and still wanted to help to cook dinner- I love you!

Secondly, I just have to share this story.  So the forwards had this great coach named Brad who also happened to be a cop who was called up as reinforcements during the Sundance Film Festival that same weekend.  During some downtime, he stopped by the mansion to see how we were all doing after our first day of training up there.  This is him walking in the door saying, "I got a call about some loud partying in this house"


And then all of us old timers and forwards ran up to say hi:


And then the best part of all was a brand new back (so Brad was not her coach and she never had met him) gasped in horror, "Oh my gosh!  Who called for a male stripper?!!"

I was rolling on the floor laughing.  I nearly died.  :D

2 of our coaches, if you can beleive it:

The beauty of rugby is there is a position for every skill and every body type.  Long live rugby :)

1 comment: